What does a Green Build home mean to my family?
- Saves Money – Your new green built home’s power bill will be a minimum of 30% less than other comparable homes.
- Less Maintenance – Your new green built home will be more durable, last longer, and require less work to maintain which gives your family more time together.
- More Comfortable – Your new green built home will be cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. This makes your home more enjoyable.
- More Healthy – Your new green built home will be healthier and safer to live in because of increased indoor air quality. The leading cause of asthma in children today is the homes they live in.
- Peace of Mind – You may only be one family but everyone has to do their part in protecting the environment. Your new green built home emits far less greenhouse gasses helping not only your family but everyone.
- Smart investment – Your new Olde Heritage Energy Star labeled home will be not only less expensive to operate but more valuable when it comes time for resale.
Upgrade to Solar and Save
We are excited to partner with local renewable energy company, Southern Energy Management, to offer solar water heating as an attractive upgrade option that will save you money, add value to your home and contribute to lowering your impact on the environment
A SMART Investment You Can Roll into Your Mortgage
Reduce monthly utility bills
Combining energy efficiency with solar water heating reduces your family’s total energy needs, which translates into significant savings on your monthly utility bills.
System cost is conveniently rolled into your mortgage.
Investing in a solar water heater when you purchase your new home gives you the unique opportunity to roll the system cost into your mortgage. In most cases, your monthly utility savings will exceed the increase in your mortgage payment, creating positive cash flow from day one!
Protect your family against future increases.
Upgrading to a solar water heater allows you to insulate your family from rising energy costs.
Add value to your new home
Solar adds resale value and differentiates your home, giving it an edge when it’s time to sell.
Tax credits put cash in your pocket
Solar water heating systems qualify for federal and state tax credits, bringing you additional savings at next tax filling.
Peace of mind
All installations are performed and guaranteed by NC-based Southern Energy Management, a 2007 & 2008 National Energy Star Partner of the Year.
On average, if you install a solar water heater, your water heating bills should drop 50%-80%. Also, because the sun is free, you’re protected from future fuel shortages and price hikes.
Source U.S. Department of Energy EERE Consumer’s Guide